Day 160: Dear Beyonce...

On Day 160, I wrote a fan letter to Beyonce Knowles, the most beautiful and talented singer, dancer and artist of my musical generation. There are plenty of artists I love more than Beyonce, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable sending fan mail to Dave Matthews or John Mayer. Dave is almost certainly too high to read fan mail, and I don't want to inflate John Mayer's ego any greater than it already is, so I settled for Beyonce. Surely she receives lots of this stuff, but I'd like to think she reads it. 

Now, what do you say to such a woman? I wanted to start out, "I want to tell you how much I love you without sounding creepy, but I don't know how, so here goes..." But that was even more enormously creepy than wanting to not sound creepy, so I ditched it.

So went the rest of the endeavor. Fanmail--not so easy after all.

This is what I came up with:

Dear Beyonce, 

I've never written fan mail before, so I'm not really sure how these letters go. I'm doing one new thing every day for a year, and today's thing (Day 160!) is to send you fan mail.

I just wanted to tell you that I have enjoyed and admired your music throughout my life, from the Destiny's Child days all the way through I Am...Sasha Fierce. Your songs have made me dance, sing, laugh, and cry. Some days I feel Bootylicious, some days I'm Crazy In Love, and other days I'm a Diva. I've done my fair share of dancing with my Single Ladies, while looking for Soldiers. And now, I'm Dangerously in Love and fall asleep to Sweet Dreams every night. 

But seriously, your songs have touched most every part of my life, and I think you're pretty amazing to have had that impact!

You have consistently been one of the most talented singers and artists in show business, as well as being one of the best role models for girls and women everywhere. 

I hope you keep making music, keep dancing, and keep making the world a more beautiful and fun place!

<3,
Leah

Never take it too seriously right??? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment