Day 204: Beer in the Shower

I feel very strange about posting this. I know I'm long past the age where I can drink beer freely, but something about posting about drinking beer, and about doing it in the shower, is a little odd to me. (Although I did blog under the influence once...) I can't put my finger on why. I guess it's because it reminds me of college...were the frat dog types would swear by drinking beer in the shower.

I always wondered whether it was a "I'm such an alkie that I need to drink in the morning" or "I can't wait to get out of the shower for a beer, so I'll just drink one in the shower" or if it was something legitimate like "beer tastes better when I drink it in the shower."

Anyone want to illuminate this for me?? It would be much appreciated.

Anyhoo, I got home from a particularly unpleasant yoga class, and I had spent the day in an existential kind of fog. When I finally got home, I just wanted a beer. However, I needed to take a shower because it was a particularly sweaty yoga class, so I ventured back into time and participated in the frat dog tradition of drinking beer in the shower.

It was delicious. Like...really good. Like...the beer actually did taste better in the shower than out of it. Poetically, I could say, the cool, sweet beer was an interesting contrast to the warm shower. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

But I still feel weird talking about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment