Day 130: Well I'll Brie Damned

After getting a variety of baking-related Christmas gifts, I feel obligated to make something every weekend. You may not think that's very often, but it's a big step up in the world for me. Dinners usually consist of easy things I already know how to make or are really really simple (a pasta, a couple veggies and a protein, in any combination, always makes a meal). So on the weekend I branch out.

This weekend, on Day 130, I made baked brie and it was the MOST delicious thing in the entire world.

Cheese lava upon opening the first slice...YUM
Between the two of us, we ate almost the entire thing and it was somewhere between embarrassing and the best decision to make at the time. That thing would cool down in an hour and be inedible. You have to get it while it's hot, literally, or we're being wasteful!

So I gorged, more than Mark. This tasty dish paired with a glass of red wine and I was passed out cold at 7:00 PM.

I woke up about an hour later and Mark and I went shoe shopping (I live the best life!).

Although this was the most delicious thing I've ever eaten, Mark said it best on our way up to DSW, "We have to do that again...next year."

No comments:

Post a Comment