Day 121: Clapping Pushup

I was sitting around, not able to get out to a yoga class yesterday due to icy Franklin road (thanks to my faithful readers for plowing through my Ig-Pay Atin-Lay post to find out!). On the TV was the show I Used to be Fat on MTV. Sudden guilt. "I need to move."

Now for a side note longer than my post: I'm not ruling out that I have an unhealthy obsession with working out and eating vegetables. Like, I can't think straight if I don't eat at least one healthy meal a day, and I've been dancing, working out, or doing yoga for about 19 straight years now. I'm pretty sure I've never taken more than three months break from physical activity.

Some people think, "Yeah, that's a good thing! You live a healthy life!" But if I flub up, even for a day, I feel paralyzing guilt and the need to punish myself with healthier meals and more workouts. It's not an eating disorder because I maintain a healthy weight and never puke; and it's not a body image issue, because I've always thought I was thin. I don't know what it is, but it compels me to just do something to move.

I say all that serious stuff, for, oh, I don't know why...because somehow writing things down brings clarity to why I am the way I am. I just had the itch to do a physical New Thing to prove that my muscles hadn't reached total atrophy from not getting out of the house for three days

 So here she goes. It wouldn't make me famous, but it counts :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh my god! You are a fitness rockstar. I could never do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giggles :) I think you're being facetious.

    ReplyDelete