Shameless Self-Promotion

Today was a day unlike any other, in the amount of times I used excuses to do things as a reason "for the blog." Although I guess that is the whole point of the blog--to do things I wouldn't otherwise do.

Today, I went to the rehearsal dinner of Katie and Rian and did utterly unbelievable things like shamelessly promote my blog to everyone who was in listening distance to hear that I had a blog, that everyone and their brother should visit, and that it was my raison d'etre.

I must mention, however, that Rian was the first to bring it up...and thank goodness. So far, I have only really promoted the blog on Facebook and Twitter, shying away from actually talking about it in person. Sometimes I think people will say "why on earth are you doing that?", "I don't get it", "That's a pointless project" or other things, and I don't want to have to convince anyone to look at it or force an awkward conversation.

I broke that mold.  For example, I used it as my excuse to interview a guy about how he was "Nasty in the 'Nati" (as in Cincinnati, thanks Katie!!) and told him after I interviewed him to look at the blog, as well as taking a "New York Apple" shot (thank you server!!), on top of bar-hopping through Columbus, OH (lovin' you Brynn!!).

I, like Garth Brook, am Shameless.

I will post pictures and video later, because this was one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time, and you should probably see the dumb/amazing things I did "for the sake of the blog." Truly. It verges on pathetic. And yet now, at 11:00 p.m. I'm proud. People think my idea is fabulous--and I will never lead them to believe otherwise.
 
UPDATE:

New York Apple Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment