Day 35: Life Lessons from Adam Carolla

Today, I saw the Adam Carolla do stand up live at The Punchline. Obviously, I can never relay how funny it was and how much I loved being at the show, but I can tell you that at the end, he slapped us upside the head with a life lesson. Carolla went through his Social Security report from when he graduated high school to around 2004 and showed the audience how terribly he lived, never making more than $22,000 a year before he turned 30. After that time, he secured spots with The Man Show, Loveline, and other career successes, making between $300,000-2,000,000 per year for about five years; clearly, he found his stride. With this showing of pursuing his goals no matter what the return, he advised the audience, "If there is any kernel in you that says, "I wanna do, what I wanna do," I hope you go out and f***ing do it."

This so deeply inspired me (maybe it was just the two lemon drops I consumed beforehand, or just the point of life I'm in right now), to pursue everything I love, that in addition to being the funniest show I've seen to date, I will count this among the best live shows I've ever attended.

1 comment: