I am trying to take the high road emotionally by writing a blog of all the things I am thankful for. Research shows that smiling alone will induce happiness and counting your blessings forcibly reminds you of the things not to take for granted.
Right now, however, I'm falling into an all-too-familiar trap where I don't necessarily want to let go of the situation; if I stop thinking about it, I may miss a brilliant thought that will rectify the whole thing! Right? No, I know it's not true. I'm only a tremendously flawed human.
Here goes on the blessings:
- I am thankful for my health and mobility
- I am thankful that I am employed and that my boss cares I exist
- I am thankful that I have an unconditionally loving and supportive family
- I am thankful that I have the means to pay for my living accommodations and transportation
- I am thankful for yoga, that calms my mind and supports my physical well-being
- I am thankful for my boyfriend who has uncommon patience for me
- I am thankful that I live in a big city that keeps me stimulated
- I am thankful for my education and the opportunities it presents
- I am thankful for friends who stick by me (and those who read my blog!)
- I am thankful for chocolate and travel, which are so pleasurable as to remind me I'm alive when I indulge :)