Day 79: Social Media Pro

On Day 79 I went to a PRSA Meeting on social media, in place of one of my colleagues, which was totally cool because I got Maggiano's food and lots of ideas. To those uninitiated, PRSA is the Public Relations Society of America and they're the professional organization for some of the work I do at my current job. You're bored already, I'll keep it short.

I swore that I wouldn't write too much, or really anything, about work stuff, but alas, it was a busy day where I couldn't find time for another New Thing, and dammit, I am actually really excited about this. I'm going to be using social media in all the right ways now to dominate the world with my new entrepreneurial venture (once it's fully formed and all). This meeting gave me the tools and the ideas and the strategy to engage people and have them fall in love with my business.

Oh, and I met a whole bunch of cool people and networked and yadda yadda, but really, I was excited about learning some new tips and tricks on social media.  

But seriously, watch out Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and others. I'm coming for you--with a vengance.

2 comments:

  1. This blog got picked up by the NYTimes after 1 year and became famous. I hope your blog gets picked up by some famous outlet too, yours is MUCH more interesting!

    http://oprahby2011.com/2010/11/15/setting-things-straight/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop it...but not really :) Keep telling your friends about my little place. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it big with this little blog, but it's a really fun project and has been a huge learning experience for the thing I do eventually create!

    Thanks for all of the support you've given me from day 1!

    ReplyDelete